Monday, September 26, 2011

faith and friends

Well, its been a long emotional 40 days since our baby boy has been with us. We have had so many emotions running through us. Between the heartaches, anger, frustration, and tears, we somehow manage to ke ep smiling. We know that we are truely blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family who comfort us in our times of need. Most of all, we have found the faith that we shoved in the back of our minds. If there is one thing this whole experience has taught us, its that we are completely lost and helpless without God. Someone recently told me to keep the faith! I replied, I may lose my mind but ill never lose my faith!! It's funny how you can grow up surrounded by people who are constantly pounding our heads with words of God and having true faith, believing that God is the healer, etc. And yet we still think we can go through this life on our own. I guess we just have to learn the hard way sometimes... I was blessed to have a wonderful grandfather who never showed us a crack in his faith. He woke up every morning with a smile on his face, always said his prayers at the table even when he was eating alone. He wasn't the kind of man who pushed his faith on you but it just kinda rubbed off of him. I always felt the strongest and safest when he was around and I know that was his faith glowing! He was a true example of Christian faith. We don't have to walk around screaming in peoples faces to TRUST GOD! If we have real faith, it will show in everything we do. I'm not pearfect by ANY means and I make several mistakes everyday but I am 100% positive that God forgives me because he is a merciful God. I also know 100% that God is totally in control of our lives. I am most thankful that God sends people into our lives to help us when we are in doubt. He has placed so many friends and family and even strangers to get us through these times. If there is one thing I can rely on every day, it is that someone is going to send us kind words that remind us that we are not alone. Our support system is unbelievably huge! I get so many emails, text, and calls daily that I can't even reply to everyone! How did we get so lucky to have so many people who care about this tiny little family?! I know that I have been all over the place on this blog but I have way too many thoughts going on at one time. The true reason that I wanted to blog today is I just want to thank EVERYONE for showing us what true friendship means and to keep the faith and send up prayers with us! Where 2 or more people agree, God says it will be done. So that tells me that our sweet Cayden is going to prevail! He will come home soon, and he will be able to go out and give his testimony to all of the non believers!!! Thank you God in advance for healing our sweet angel!! We are ready to be a part of this plan you have made for us!

2 comments:

  1. I just want you to know that your little family is in our prayers. We serve a mighty God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers are with your family everyday! Like you said FAITH and HOPE it a big part . God will pull Your FAMILY throw this. Lets all say a prayer now together even throw we are many miles apart!

    ReplyDelete