Sunday, September 18, 2011

perfect life? i think not...

Everyday I am asked by at least one person, "how do you keep your sanity?" Well, my answer is, without the ultimate love of Christ and the support of family and friends, I'd never survive... I wake up everyday and lay in bed, if only for a moment, and thank God for this precious gift that he has given me. Sure, to most it would seem like a heavy burden to bear. If you had asked me 2 months ago if I could do this, I would quickly reply 'no way!' We always want the easiest tasks of life. We always pray for God to give us the best of everything... Are we so arrogant to think that Gods plan isn't perfect enough for us? How ungrateful! I have learned through this experience that all of Gods gifts are precious. Do you think Jesus looked forward to dying on the cross? No. But he made the ultimate sacrifice for us. I'm sure at this point I'm turning into a broken record but I am so ashamed that I ever doubted God and his plan for me. Yes I do have times where the walls cave in and I need to just step outside and breathe. But I know that my strength comes from God. I also know that God has big plans for this family. It won't be an easy task and I'm glad of that. Nothing worth having is easy, and when we finally do leave this hospital, I will appreciate every moment I have with this precious baby boy. Thank you God for blessing me with an imperfect life. I wouldn't have it any other way!

1 comment: